Search Engine Optimization
We will start off by stating the obvious. The objective of search marketing is to drive more people to your website, and converting more website visitors to patients. Therefore, the more quality traffic you drive to your website, the more likely you will generate new business.
In summary, a large percentage of people suffer from musculoskeletal related pain. While millions are going online looking for answers to these health problems, a small fraction is looking specifically for a physical therapist to solve their problems. A vast majority of people with health-related issues start with search engines to find the answers. When they are looking for a physical therapist you need to be positioned (on the search engines) to drive them to your website where they can learn how you will solve their problems.
Three Areas of a Google Search
Click to View
Consider these facts:
- In 2006 there were over 135 million searches for health information according to the PEW Internet research group.
- Sixty percent of Americans are in pain.
- 80% of internet users look online for health information. (Pew Internet)
- "Dr. Google" is the de facto second opinion with 2 out of 3 web searches starting at the search engines.
- 15% of adults, have used their phone to look up health or medical information. (Pew Internet)
- Seeing a physical therapist fast and first is a great way to save patients time, money, needless testing and suffering.